Gone are the days when you have to call on a friend or family member to read your mail and other hard copy. DocuScan Plus makes it easy to scan, read, save, and email printed material and PDF documents, and because our product resides in the cloud, it is the only assistive technology product of its kind that makes these documents available to you wherever you may need them. Talk about dramatically improving your experience with the printed word!
Serotek customers, download the product installer to get started! If you use a screen reader other than System Access, please download this independent Windows installer instead.
Getting Started for Mac Users
First, if you haven't already done so, install DocuScan Plus from the Mac App Store.
When you run DocuScan Plus for Mac for the first time, you will be prompted to log into your Serotek account. You won't be able to create an account or purchase DocuScan Plus from within the software, due to Apple's Mac App Store policies. Instead, you'll need to follow the instructions below, depending on whether you have a Serotek account and on whether you want to try the software or buy it.
To start a 14:day trial:
- If you already have a Serotek account, just log into your existing account in the DocuScan Plus app, and you'll be prompted to start a trial.
- If you don't yet have a Serotek account, create a free account here, then log into that account in DocuScan Plus to start your trial.
To buy DocuScan Plus:
- If you don't yet have a Serotek account, follow this link to create an account and buy DocuScan Plus, then log into that account in the DocuScan Plus app.
- If you already have a Serotek account, follow this link to log into your existing account and buy DocuScan Plus, then log into that same account in the DocuScan Plus app if you haven't already done so.
- Easily scan books, magazines, bank statements and more with quick, intuitive keystrokes
- Log into DocuScanPlus.com to retrieve these documents on demand from any Internet connected Windows-based computer.
- Convert scanned results to DAISY, MP3, braille, or large print
- Send documents to your Amazon Kindle
- E-mail documents without ever leaving DocuScan Plus
- Password protect material for added security
What are you waiting for? Download your trial version of DocuScan Plus!
For $600 less than the assistive technology competition, DocuScan Plus raises the impact of the printed word to the power of the worldwide web. We took the best optical character recognition technology, harnessed the efficiency of cloud deployment, and leveraged the combination to give you accurate scanning results in a variety of accessible formats.
DocuScan Plus is the most versatile compatible OCR package of its kind. It is the first fully accessible, Internet-based scanning and reading software for the blind and visually impaired that works with both Windows and the Mac. Using a variety of popular scanners or a HoverCam document camera in conjunction with DocuScan Plus, you can convert printed materials and PDF files into text and access your converted documents at a public library, in your office, or on your commute with a mobile device. Connect with one of our helpful customer service representatives to learn more.
Don't pay extra for accessing DocuScan Plus on a Windows PC and a Mac. Scan materials on Windows and access them from your Mac. Scan materials on your Mac or PC and access them from any Internet-connected Windows PC by visiting www.DocuScanPlus.com. This is universal access at its best!
With DocuScan Plus you won't need an expensive screen reader to use the application. On Windows, DocuScan Plus provides its own speech output and magnification; on the Mac, it works seamlessly with VoiceOver and Zoom.
Announcing DocuScan Plus V3
Serotek proudly announces the first public release candidate for DocuScan Plus V3, a powerful and affordable OCR option with cross-platform support. Before we deem it final, we’d like you to help us kick the tires. You do not have to be a current Serotek customer to participate, but note that certain features may only be available for customers who have pre-ordered the product.
- Updated OCR engine
- OCR for other languages, including: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (including Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
- Bookshare integration
- Improved heading detection
- Place marking within large documents
- Ability to import documents in popular text formats so users can convert them to DAISY, MP3, or Braille, and store them in the cloud; formats include: .epub, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .html
- Ability to open image files, including: .jpg, .png, .tiff, .gif, .bmp
- Ability to open documents in DSP directly from Windows Explorer
- More efficient processing of long PDF documents
- Better consistency in functionality and UI between the Windows and Mac versions
- Better support for third-party screen readers in the Windows version; users can use DSP in conjunction with a third-party screen reader rather than putting the screen reader to sleep.
Install the Release Candidate Now!
The installation process will be intuitive. Remember, you do not need to use System Access as your screen reader for DSP to work. Feel free to stick to your own screen reader on Windows. Download the Windows installer here.
Download the Windows Release Candidate here as part of our Serotek bundle. The RC is a part of our normal Windows installer. Simply choose the correct package at installation.
Full documentation will be provided upon final release. But, don’t panic. Our products are traditionally designed to be as intuitive as possible, beginning with the installation.
Interested in what people are already saying about the new version? Check out this e-mail we received from Mike A.:
Just wanted to say how much I love the new version of docuscan plus. You guys are doing a great job. I love all of the new features, and bookshare is my favorite. It is so awesome, you guys added that feature. I already added more books to down load. Keep up the good work.
- Read the AFB AccessWorld review of DocuScan Plus
- Listen to a presentation demonstrating DocuScan Plus for Windows on Accessible World
- Listen to a demonstration of DocuScan Plus for Windows
- Listen to a demonstration of DocuScan Plus for Mac
- Watch a short video about DocuScan Plus
What Customers Say
“I love how I can now scan a chapter from a book in my dorm and later read that chapter on my iPhone on the bus. That’s just crazy! The good kind of crazy.”--Kristy Callahan
Own your copy of DocuScan Plus right now for $299. Can’t swing that price right now? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Take advantage of one of two convenient payment plans. Make three easy monthly payments of $99 plus a $10 processing fee, or spread payments out over six months at $49 per month plus a $10 processing fee. With Serotek, money is not an obstacle for owning the software that helps you maximize your independence.